This super easy cream cheese pizza dip has only 4 ingredients and is a must for your next gathering or game day celebration. It’s definitely a crowd pleaser!
We don’t have this all that often as it is an indulgent appetizer (it’s basically all cheese), but when we’re celebrating and in splurge mode, cream cheese pizza dip is a popular choice. Everyone loves it. I mean, it’s all cheese, what’s not to love? But, I also love that it’s easy to make. It’s one of our favorite dips along with our chimichurri white bean dip and this easy taco dip.
Softening the Cream Cheese
The only real trick is softening cream cheese. I just plan ahead and get it out of the refrigerator an hour or two before I’m going to make the dip. Or if you’ve failed to plan ahead and want your easy cream cheese pizza dip ready as fast as possible then you can always just soften your cream cheese in the microwave.
The Spruce even has a guide to softening cream cheese quickly, but you don’t really need a guide for this, right? Just remember 2 things:
- Don’t forget to take it out of the wrapper first.
- Start with a really small cook time. Most likely you’ll only need 15 to 20 seconds to soften your cream cheese, but when you’re doing this for the first time it’s best to aim on the low side to avoid a gooey mess. You can always microwave longer if needed.
Once your cream cheese is softened, this really does become easy cream cheese pizza dip. Just layer the ingredients in a pie plate or shallow casserole pan and bake. That’s it!
You can serve this dip with chips or crackers of any sort. We love having it with Fritos corn chips.
The dip itself is gluten-free so this can be a gluten-free appetizer as long as you choose an appropriate gluten-free compliment. Believe it or not, Fritos are gluten-free (so I have read), but don’t mistake this as me assigning Fritos to a healthy food group. If only. But for indulgent cheesy appetizers that also check the gluten-free box, you can’t go wrong with easy cream cheese pizza dip!
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 18 slices pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Spray a pie plate or oval ceramic baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread cream cheese in the bottom.
- Pour pizza sauce over top of the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle the top with cheese, then pepperoni.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes.
- Serve with crackers, toasted French bread, or our favorite-scoop sized corn chips.