Today we’re updating our Honey Glazed Salmon and Mango Salad recipe. Delicious! It’s an old favorite adapted from a cooking light recipe and it’s a great all around dish when you’re looking to recover from a week of too much Heath Bar Cake.
I have discovered that I have developed a meat allergy that prevents me from eating red meat, unless I want a huge stomach ache. And while I’m pretty bummed about not being able to have bacon or Ginger Pork, I can at least still enjoy chicken and fish. And so we find that we eat Salmon on a semi-regular basis as it is often hailed as one of the more nutritious fish you can eat. It’s always a good go-to-option when you’re looking for a high protein meal.
In today’s ever more complex world you may find as you go to buy Salmon that there are more choices than you imagined. Yes…I know…tt can be confusing. But rest easy, here’s a pretty good guide if you’re wondering what type of Salmon you should buy.
Years ago we found a great Cooking Light Recipe for a Honey Glazed Salmon and Mango Salad and we’ve been making our variation ever since. We love salads for dinner and when you add in the Salmon you don’t have to worry about leaving the table hungry — a sometimes salad side effect. And the mango and dressing take it to the next level while adding the right balance of citrus. We love the honey lime ginger dressing!
We always seem to return to this meal even if we haven’t had it for a while, especially whenever Whole Foods has their yearly sale on cases of mango. Oh, you want to try it? “You can’t touch-a the mango!”. Okay, you can. Sorry, Chris Kattan SNL flashback. That mango may be off limits, but this salmon mango salad requires minimum effort to attain. Try it out and hopefully it will become one of your favorites too.
Enough talk, on to the specifics:
- 4 six ounce salmon portions
- 2/3 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (5-6 limes)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- mixed salad greens
- 1-2 ripe mangoes, sliced and peeled
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Whisk together lime juice, honey and ginger.
- Place salmon in a foil lined pan.
- Drizzle about 1/4 to 1/3 of lime honey ginger mixture over top.
- Season slightly with salt.
- Cook for approximately 10-12 minutes, then broil until brown on top.
- Divide greens onto four plates.
- Top with mango and salmon, then drizzle with remaining honey lime ginger mixture.
You also might like: